Thursday 12 January 2012

Robbie Keane signs for Aston Villa on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy

Robbie Keane signs for Aston Villa on loan from Los Angeles Galaxy
Thursday, 12 January 2012

Aston Villa, sign Los Angeles Galaxy, striker Robbie Keane, on a six-week, loan deal,

Aston Villa have signed Los Angeles Galaxy and Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane on loan until 25 February, subject to Fifa clearance."This is only short term, of course," said the much-travelled ex-Coventry, Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool striker.


"But there has been a lot of speculation over the years linking my name to Villa and, finally, I'm here."Keane, 31, who has already been training with Villa, could make his debut at home to Everton on Saturday.Dubliner Keane, who started his career with Wolverhampton Wanderers as a 17-year-old, admitted: "I'm delighted to be back in the Premier League."I'm excited about it and I know I'll really enjoy my time here. It's only for two months, but I will do my absolute best."Villa are a great club, a club with a massive tradition and standing in the game. Villa Park is one of the finest stadiums I've ever played in."I've been training with the players here for the past few days and it's been great but I'm not naive enough to think I'll just walk straight into the team."The Republic of Ireland striker came close to joining Villa in 1999 from Wolves, only for a late hitch over the transfer fee allowing Coventry to sign him instead.It is also a case of second time lucky for McLeish regarding the capture of Keane.....

No comments:

Post a Comment