Tuesday 10 January 2012

Italian 'bad boy' Mario Balotelli would only leave Manchester City to return home

Italian 'bad boy' Mario Balotelli would only leave Manchester City to return home
By Gregory Sica, January 10 2012,

soccer news, football news, football articles, football articles

Despite his good form with the Citizens the controversial striker admitted that he has become increasingly homesick in England.Mario Balotelli admitted that if he were to leave Manchester City in the near future it would only be to return to his homeland Italy.


The controversial former Inter Milan attacker arrived in England in 2010, but although he has adapted nicely to the style of the Premier League he confessed that he has yet to make any friends in England and this makes living away from home all the more difficult."I'm 21 and have lived far from home for nearly two years now," Balotelli affirmed to L'Uomo Vogue. "I have adapted fairly well despite the clear [cultural] differences."But the truth is that I have no real friends here. If I had to move right now, I'd choose to move to Italy."Balotelli, who is often referred to as the 'bad boy' of Italian soccer, admitted that the exaggerative nature of the British press can be difficult to deal with, especially for a player of his reputation."If I buy a Fiat Uno, I would read that for a person like me it would have been more suitable to buy a Ferrari. If I choose to buy the Ferrari they would write that I should keep my feet on the ground and buy a Fiat Uno," a clearly frustrated Balotelli stated."If I laugh I'm not serious enough, but if I don't laugh, I'm not grateful for having the best job in the world. Here in England the press write about everything and always exaggerate," he concluded.Mario Balotelli has found the back of the net eight times for Manchester City in the English Premier League this season. The Citizens currently lead the competition with 48 points, three points more than city rivals Manchester United.

No comments:

Post a Comment